TIP: Do your research. Prior to coordinating my outfits, I always envision what I want to wear in a certain city. I spend time googling what the weather will be like, what people wear, cultural norms and places that I want to go. This helps me have a fashion vision of what I want to look like in a city and maybe even where I want to eat, hang out and shop.
Here are some of my clothing packing tips:
- Pack your favorite essentials so that you would be willing to wear them all the time during your trip.
- Pack heels that you can walk in! Because you are in a new city, you never know what distance you may have to walk. Be cautious and pack comfy heels,
- Carry 1 clutch purse but make sure it's versatile.
- In your packed handbags, slide your jewellery, pins and headbands.
- Pack 1 pair of your favorite jeans.
- 2 sets of gym clothes is enough for a few days.
- Pack a pair of sneakers that you can wear to the gym and a pair to walk through the city.
- Get a underwear/ lingerie bag so your sensual pieces are kept in a special place.
- Pack a variety of undergarments i.e. thongs, grandma panties. Just in case! Ha!
- Get the travel version of your favorite scent.
- Pack a pair of fuzzy socks just in case it gets cold in the hotel room.