I was in NYC for a family wedding and stayed in Brooklyn. Yes, Brooklyn. But it is soo different now. As you all know I am a die hard Ritz Carlton fan… when I am in Manhattan but when in Brooklyn the only hotel I stay at is The Brooklyn A Hotel. Located at Atlantic Ave and Nostrand, this new hotel is pretty much a gem in a pile of rocks. It truly stands out. Its discrete front doors and cobblestone walk way are the first signs of greatness.
The design of the rooms at the Brooklyn A Hotel are pretty much all the same. This is the second time I stayed there and was impressed once again. The bathrooms are modern with a rain glass shower and separate wet room. The mirror lights are MUA quality and the towels are bright white. The bed made me sleep in while waking up to a beautiful mural of the navy ships in New York.
If you are staying in Brooklyn, stay here. There is cultural food in the neighbourhood, the subway near by and every Uber driver knows where it is.
- Go to Carol’s Daughter: If you are Canadian I would suggest you stop here and pick up some great hair and body goodies. I reuped on my Almond Cookie stash. More deets on to come.
- Attend a wedding: The wedding was the main reason for my trip to NYC and it was so worth it. The groom is my cousin and his bride has become a friend. There union at Brooklyn Tabernacle was every church girl’s dream. Sigh. Congrats and thank you sharing your love with the world
- Photoshoot with Photofactory29: While in NYC I shot some pictures with a great photographer, Cesar Isabel. I really like how they came out and I will be featuring more pictures on my blog as the weeks go on.
- Shake Shack run: I had to. I have a rule, I only eat burgers when I am NOT in Toronto. It helps me eat healthier and treat myself when travelling instead of day to day. It was soooo good. Definitely worth the calories and the line.
- Take it all in: Sometimes on trips I don’t really take it all in. I am so consumed with what I want to do, see and eat to the point where I don’t really live in the moment. Instead of running around, I just took it easy and enjoyed the city and the beauty of life.
Looking forward to returning to NYC for New York fashion Week and eating at by Chloe. I didn’t get the chance to visit the hottest vegan burger place in NYC. Must go there.