Packed my bags, flew 13 hours in Business class with Air Canada and immediately started exploring Tokyo.
Here are list of unique things about Japan:
- English? No problem. Despite what you may think, the language barrier is not an issue.The majority of street signs are in English so it makes the city easy to navigate , ask questions and get around.
- The subway is so efficient and easy to understand despite the numerous lines. I used Googlemaps which told me what stops to get off at to get to various destinations. Japan is also very safe so I was out and about a lot by myself and never felt scared or nervous.
- Luxury shopping is everywhere! In one block you may come across three Celine stores which is rare even in New York. I loved the selection and the great SAs. I also visited Harajuku fashion district ( Think Gwen Stefani, L.A.M.B.) which had fun trinkets and Japanese street fashion.
- Food. Whoi! North American Japanese options are not totally aligned with authentic Japanese Cuisine. However, I still enjoyed the selection and the creativity of Japanese food.
- The Japanese people I met were so kind, respectful and inquisitive. I really appreciated their kindness and willingness to give directions and tips on where to visit in the city.
Japan was an experience to remember.
Along with Japan being another fashion capital to cross off my list, the country was so graceful and regal.
The shopping, the people, the fashion!
I definitely will be back.
Thank you Tokyo.