I love exploring the the city and visiting places like The Exploratorium. The Exploratorium is a museum in San Francisco which is pretty much an Adult Disneyland. It is a museum filled with exhibits, innovative design and inquisitive concepts. I went to the Exploratorium with my husband for date night. I try to spend one fun filled evening with my husband at least once week. Going to the Exploratorium was a new adventure and we were definitely interested in checking it out.
The Language Blocks are so interesting ( See the picture below). With a partner, you each sit at opposite sides of a table with a divider. One person creates a picture using the blocks and then has to describe the picture to the other person for them to create the same image. It sounds easy but its not. It forces you to use descriptive words and really explain the image you want the other person to create.
All of these challenges were so fun and really had my mind working! I really enjoyed the Tactile Dome which is a dome filled with obstacle courses... but inside is pitch black. You have to use your sense of touch to get through them. Honestly I thought I couldn't get through it but with the help of my husband, I did. It was INTENSE. Your sense of touch really kicks in and becomes heightened when you are in the dark. I made it out and it was definitely an experience everyone should have.You need to check it out at the Exploratorium.
5 Reasons Why You Should Visit the Exploratorium After Dark
- Every Thursday evening there is a different exhibit with new things to do, see and enjoy. My fav was the Tactile Dome.
- Enjoy a unique twist on datenight, a girls night out or a hangout with all of your friends
- Get 5% off of your online tickets from now until November 30th using the code FUTUREFOOD here.
- You can purchase an adult membership with unlimited After Dark Visits with $5 offhere
- It is fun, educational and engages all of your senses!
Visit the Exploratorium After Dark Website and get 5% off your passes and/or get $5 off an annual membership.
I am already planning my next visit with my brother in December.
Check the Hashtag #ExploAfterDark On Instagram for more pics.