Once I open that hotel room door, the first thing I do is open my toiletry bag and start unpacking my travel sized products. I look for the area in the hotel room with the best light and use that as my "make up and body care area".
I am very strategic with this and my husband often laughs at me.
- I clean the surface with a Lysol wipe. I am a germaphobe. Major germaphobe.Everything in the hotel is wiped down twice a day. Commonly used surfaces i.e. Night stands, doorknobs and the sink are wiped down as well.
- Cover the surface with a hotel hand towel. My skin and overall body is very sensitive to new things. So to prevent rashes and to prevent taking home any germs, I do not put any of my products directly on ANY surfaces.
- Unpack all of the main products that I will use daily and the others I keep in my toiletries case. If I don't use it twice a day it doesn't get unpacked. See rationale in #2.
Here is a list of my must carry products in travel size:
- Johnson's Baby powder - I love tapping some of this behind my ears or on my décolletage before heading out to dinner. It keeps you refreshed and smelling dainty.
- Palmer's Cocoa Butter - We all love this stuff.
- Neutrogena Seasme Body oil- So happy that I found this in travel size in the US. Great product that gives your skin sheen and moisture.
- My favorite hair products in squeeze travel bottles- This makes it easier to carry your hair products with you.
- Scotties Tissue papers- Just in case you get a cold, tear up or need to sneeze.
- Tweezers-Great for your eyebrows or to repair broken zippers.
- Ouo Eyelash glue- Don't you hate when you remember your lashes but not the glue!
- Kiehl's or Neutrogena Face wash- Major staple to keep my skin clean.
- Lysol Wipes- Wipe down frequently used surfaces in the hotel i.e.. The desk, night stands and/bathroom sink.
- Ponds or Neutrogena Makeup Wipes- Take off your makeup ladies!
- Purell Antibacterial Wipes- In Japan I used these a lot before eating or touching up my makeup.
- Oral B Dental Floss
- An Empty spray bottle- I use this to refresh my hair with water.
- Sensodyne Toothpaste- I have very sensitive teeth and finally found the travel size in the US.
- Travel toothbrush- I prefer travel sizes because they are more compact.
- BIC Soleil Razor- These are colourful and are slip proof.
- Dove DeodorantTravel version of your favorite scent
- Feminine wash and goodies- Stay fresh.
- Safety Pins, Straight Pins and Bobby pins-Just in case.
- Mini Size Febreze- Perfect for refreshing bathrooms and hotel rooms.
Be careful! Use only when needed, follow the instructions and/or as prescribed by your doctor.
These are a few of my favs meds that I carry with me on every trip.
- Advil- You know we need this ladies!
- Tylenol Day and Night - Very helpful if you have a cold and need instant relief.
- Benadryl- I randomly get rashes or have allergic reactions if I try something new so this in my remedy when travelling.
- Oblas oil for congestion- This is a West Indian product that I usually get from Barbados. If I am congested or feel like a cold is coming on, I dab this on my nose and throat and it soothes the discomfort.
- Fisherman’s Friend Lozenges- Tickle in your throat? These are the best remedy.
- Emergency-C Vitamin C drink mix- Saved my life in Japan when I literally got a 24 cold. Drank this midday and was healed by the morning.
Did I miss anything?
What are your favorite products to pack?
Do I do anything that sounds kinda weird?
Chatime in the comments!