With the hot summer heat, you need a break from your curly fro. But even when my hair is up, I want to show off my curls. Good thing the pineapple trend is everywhere for curly hair, especially for type 4c curly hair.
A pineapple hairstyle is a common hairstyle for naturals with curly hair. It is a great way preserve your curls while you sleep or to sport in the summer. It basically is a top knot with curly ends.
In the summer I love keeping my hair sleek but to get my puff extra curly and full, a curling product is essential. Dippity-Do Girls with Curls Gelee is my new goto for curls and volume.
I received a lot of questions about what product you need to buy from the collection if you cannot buy all of them. I also was asked if you need to use the whole product line everytime to get results. Even though you will get the best results using all Dippity- Do products in your hair care regime, I know we all have current favorites. So I decided to use my favourite product from the collection along with other favs.
For my fun pineapple updo, I only used the Dippity-Do Girls with Curls Gelee. In my previous wash and go look I used the Dippity- Do Shampoo and Conditoner. But for this style, I wanted to test the Dippity-Do Girls with Curls Gelee on its own.
Here is how I did it:
- Stocking foot or hair holder
- Head tie
- Dippity-do Girls with Curls Gelee product
- Edge control
- Afro comb
- Use your preferred shampoo and conditioner
- Let your soaking wet hair dry in a towel
- When you hair is damp, remove the towel
- Lay your edges down with your favorite edge control
- Gently use your brush to brush you hair up into a high ponytail
- Then using your stocking foot or hair holder put your hair up into one
- To the ponytail add Dippity-Do Girls with Curls Gelee until your desired curliness
- Tie your hair down with a head tie and wait 15 minutes
- Shape the curly poof into your desired shape.
Tadda! You are ready to rock with your pineapple hairstyle by Dippity-Do Girls with Curls.
TIP: To refresh your curls use the Dippity-Do Girls with Curls Curl-boost spray and a some oil for shine.
I have a video tutorial on my instagram!
Find the full Dippity-do Girls with Curls #ddgirlswithcurls collection here or at your local Wal-Mart online and in stores.
Follow @ddgirlswithcurls on Instagram
And Go like my latest pick on Instagram
Thanks for joining the #ddcurlsquad