The Umey Suites at J W Marriott Los Cabos
As I checked into the J W Marriott Los Cabos, my bags were taken to my room. The front desk team greeted me and made sure I checked in and had everything I needed. When I entered the Umey Suites in Building A, the staff gave me a tour of all of the offerings in the room and on the property. Our suite was an Umey Oceanfront suite and we had the direct view of the ocean and the beach. The tour of the suite was a unique touch that made me feel like the suite was more than just a room but a mini home away from home.
TIP: Make sure you book an Umey Suite at J W Marriott Los Cabos. It is perfect for a luxury getaway.
Some of the unique elements of the Umey Suite include:
- Lilly white towels. You know I love white towels. The towels were plush and luxurious.
- The L-shaped balcony was massive and perfect for quick workouts and watching the sunset.
- There was a spacious bathroom suite was outfitted with matching sink stations with Bulgari toiletries, a luxe sofa chair, soaker tub with bath salts, industrial walk-in rain shower and separate wet room. There was also another full bathroom at the front of the suite. Initially, I thought it was a powder room but it too had a full walk-in shower. This is perfect for families or vacationing with another couple.
- Privacy dividers. These allowed the massive suite to be divided into half allowing you to share the suite with your children.
- The closets in the room were breathtaking. They were huge. I had one for myself and loved hanging all of my colorful clothing.
- Wifi! I need WiFi! The WiFi in the room was smooth and consistent.
Tip: If you are staying in a hotel for more than 2 nights, take your clothing out of your suitcase and hang up it. It will help you stay organized and lets your clothing air out.
The Food at J W Marriott Los Cabos
I opted for the à la carte approach to dining because of my diet restrictions and I enjoyed all of my meals and had access to food all day and night. Either way you will be fed. Ha! Don’t you worry.
After working out at the gym, I would pick up tea at Auka deli. Some mornings I ordered room service to my suite or had breakfast at a casual restaurant, UA. Either I enjoyed breakfast buffet or the à la carte menu. On my first morning dining at UA, I experienced the story at the beginning of this review. Read the first paragraph of this post to be reminded.
I loved the watermelon and papaya juice and the traditional Mexican breakfast at UA. There was also a pancake and waffle station, smoothie bar and omelet station. The food was fresh, colorful and flavorful. The food offerings were endless.
While I sat poolside or beachside, I ordered from the snack menu which included burgers, pizza, onion rings and seafood. They also offered customized drinks and my fav piña colada.
One night I went to the fine dining restaurant Café des Artistes, and was seated piano side to enjoy appetizers. Then I was escorted to my dining table in another area for dinner. The food at Café des Artistes was tasty, plated beautifully and reminded me why the J W Marriott Los Cabos is ranked 5 stars.
TIP: Order the strawberry oatmeal smoothie at breakfast.
Order the Avocado pizza while sitting at the pool. Order the steak Quesadillas as a midday snack. Yum!
With all of these food, the gym was necessary. The Mimah Fitness Centre had all o my favourite workout machine including a weight rack, cardio machines, spin room and yoga room. There were classes each day and it was always stocked with towels. It even had a shower and lockers.
Luxury Service at J W Marriott Los Cabos
I have been to many hotels and resorts around the world and have enjoyed them all but J W Marriott Los Cabos has was my first encounter with luxury service at a resort. There are so many moments when I was literally speechless and almost perplexed because it appeared that the staff was reading my mind. Ha!
“ Honestly how did they know I needed towel?”- Aquila Farrell on J W Marriott Los Cabos
Each time I stepped away from my table and returned with my meal, the staff would pull out my chair, replace the napkin on my lap and asked if I needed anything else. They. Did. This. Each. Time. I was highly impressed. The staff also walked along side me at the buffet explaining all of the dishes and opening the food cases for me. Such a unique touch that made J W Marriott Los Cabos stand out from the rest.
Upon my arrival, there was a fruit basket with my favorite fruits, grapes. I forgot my beach bag but before I even said anything, they presented me with a beach bag to use during my stay. There they go reading my mind again. It was colorful and totally matched my style.
At 6 pm each evening, the room staff came and turned down our room and left little chocolates on my pillow as well as a list of restaurants to visit for dinner and menu for breakfast the following day. It felt like the J W Marriott Los Cabos had one staff member per guest. The level of service, attentiveness and the kindness of the staff was beyond anything I have ever experienced in all of my travels. The service was just one of the exceptional elements of my stay at J W Marriott Los Cabos.
Making Memories at J W Marriott Los Cabos
My Top 10 favorite memories of J W Marriott Los Cabos:
- The staff wrapping a towel around me every time I stepped out of the pool.
- The tacos station at the Mexican buffet at UA.
- The vastness of the resort with over five pools. The J W Marriott Los Cabos never felt crowded. I had my own space, my own staff and my own experience.
- Room Service! I loved eating in the suite, while watching the waves from the balcony.
- Enjoying evening tea by the fire in the fire pits at the resort.
- Walking on the beach with my husband in the morning and at sunset.
- Picking up Italian soda at Auka Deli before heading to the pool.
- The balmy weather was refreshing. It was warm during the day, cool and calm at night.
- My ensuite bathroom/spa was perfect for pampering.
- The intricate handmade candy sculpture presented to me during dinner at Café des Artistes
Thank you to you all for looking at/liking my pictures, commenting on my Instastories and asking questions about the J W Marriott Los Cabos resort.
Questions or comments? Please leave them in the comments or email me.
My stay was phenomenal. Congrats to the J W Marriott Los Cabos for being committed to luxury service and be the true definition of the 5 star resort. I will be back.