So I know you are thinking culture like walking the streets of Spain with the locals and eating food from street vendors. Unfortunately that was not the case. By the time we arrived in Mallorca after travelling and stopping over in London, I was literally delirious and tired. I didn’t want to disappoint my husband who wanted to tour the city but I wasn’t up for it.
For some reason my nose got stuffed up and my head was hurting from the flight. This was the first time this happened. I wasn’t too concerned because I read online that it is normal to feel stuffed up etc. With the stuffy nose, I fell asleep and woke up in the morning expecting my love to want us to climb up the hills of Spain, he too wanted to relax and enjoy the weather. I was ok with that!
We headed downstairs for breakfast at ME by Mallorca hotel. It was a long drive to get to this hotel from the airport but it was worth it. The hotel was large, yet intimate with another sister hotel on the property. Guess what? Nikki Beach was on the other side of ME by Mallorca. This gave us so many options for food, fun and day parties.
Our Cabana was so necessary with the bright sun. We sat and really relaxed the day away by reading, taking a dip in the sea and having lunch in the hotel restaurant. Burgers for everyone! I only have burgers when I go on trips. It’s a rule that helps me keep the pounds down.
So back to the beach, Pina coladas and fruit punch were our go to drinks. Looking around the beach, topless women were the trend. Young and old. It was interesting to me. Any thoughts on Topless women on the beach? I want to hear how you all feel about it.
In the distance we spotted people walking to an area with bright lights so we headed over there. In my treasured Louboutins I walked over there with my husband and grabbed some great frozen yogurt. I picked up some lovely handmade name necklaces for my girlfriends. There were so many food, drinks and snack places as well as lounges. Back the hotel we literally feel asleep after a long day of sun and sand.
After lunch we headed to the airport and hopped on a plane and headed to London town.
Spain by Day.
London by Night
- The women. They were so full of self-esteem and confidence at all sizes. My flaws became my highlights. The rampant toplessness was new to me and made me think about it my own comfort levels.
- The Mediterranean sea. Imagine eating dinner and seeing the Mediterranean sea. No words. One of my top 5 moments in life.
- Bottles. I hardly ever drink but the bounty of pink Moet in my hotel was amazing. Just having them lined up in every bar was luxurious and posh.
- My tan. When I tan, I tan. My tan from Nevis at the beginning of the year, along with my tan in Mexico and now the sun in Mallorca really made my Melanin come through.
- The fashion. All the women and men were dressed. We fit right in and enjoye the colour, linen fabrics and Pucci prints.
Would you go to Spain?